In addition to its function as a lobbist for Beothuk research, the Beothuk Institute contributes both in-kind and financially to projects relative to its overall mission.
Projects include such things as:
- DNA Research led by Memorial University and McMaster University
- Reproductions of 11 pieces of artwork by Gerry Squires (products sold by Beothuk Institute)
- "Spirit of the Beothuk", bronze statue by Gerry Squires (Beothuk Interpretation Centre, Boyd's Cove)
- Commemoration Project, Burnside Heritage Foundation
- Archaeology Digs (led by the Provincial Archaeology Office, Government of NL)
- Exploits River (various from Red Indian Lake to Norris Arm)
- The Beaches, Bonavista Bay
- Bloody Bay Cove Quarry, Bonavista Bay
You, too, can become involved! As a volunteer organization, our work is made possible only through the generosity of people who are interested in the Beothuk. All proceeds go toward the work of the Institute and special projects that contribute to the advancement of our mission.
We are a registered charitable organization under the laws of Newfoundland and Labrador. Donations are tax deductible.